- My paper with 2 co-authors has been accepted for presentation. Only I will be attending the conference. Do we all have to register or only one of us can register?
Yes, you all have to register. All those whose name mentioned as author in accepted paper must register and pay the corresponding registration fees to get certificate and complimentary copy of the journal / proceedings.
- What does the “registration” actually mean?
“Registration” means that you complete the registration form and send it along with the requiblue registration fee to the address indicated on the registration form.
- I have a full-time employment and I am also currently pursuing my Ph. D. Can I register as a student?
No. It is only for those who are full-time students and do not have a full-time employment.
- I am presenting two papers. Do I have to register twice and pay two times?
- I have registeblue and my co-author did not register. Will my co-author get the certificate?
Sorry! Your co-author will not get the certificate unless he/she registers.
| PRESENTATION IN ABSENTIA
- I cannot present my paper in person but would like to present in absentia. What does in-absentia mean, and how do I do it?
In absentia, presentation means that the abstract of your paper will be included in the Programme schedule and your full paper will be included in the conference proceedings (if received by the deadline). You will still need to fill in the registration form, and mail it with the requiblue registration fee.
- Will I get a copy of the conference CD?
Yes, it will be mailed to you after the conference is over. Alternately, you can send a written authorization with someone who is attending the conference to pick it on your behalf.
- My co-author will be presenting our paper but I will not be able to attend the conference. Will I be able to get the attendance certificate?
By definition, the attendance certificate can be given only to those who attend the conference.
- I have submitted my paper for "in absentia" presentation. Can I get an attendance certificate?
No. But, we can mail you a certificate (upon request) showing that your paper was presented "in absentia."
- Do I need to be physically present for a ‘Digital Presentation’?
No. You can send your recorded presentation which can be played during conference.
- What is the process for submitting a ‘digital presentation’?
The actual presentation can be recorded (audio as well as video), and converted to avi format (which can be played on a DVD player) and sent to us so as to reach 2 weeks before conference.
- Will I get a certificate for presentation?
Yes, you will get certificate of e-presentation of your paper along with conference CD and programme bulletin.
- Will my paper included in proceedings CD?
If we receive your full paper in the prescribed format by the deadline, it will be included in proceedings CD. Your presentation will also be included in CD.
| ACCOMMODATION & LOGISTICS
- Does the registration fee include accommodation?
No. Please read the registration form carefully. It clearly spells out what your registration fee includes.
- Will you arrange transportation for me from airport to my hotel or the conference venue?
- How about transportation from other hotels etc to the conference venue?
It is most likely that we would not make this arrangement. However we have all the data related to attendees’ accommodation, we will see if limited arrangements can be made.
- Why not print and provide hard copy of the proceedings?
There are three reasons:
(1) The world is moving away from printing hard copies, and shifting to CD proceedings
(2) for printing hard copies full papers have to be submitted at least 3 months prior to conference
and most importantly
(3) It will increase the registration cost!
- My proceedings paper will not be ready by the deadline. Can I get an extension?
The answer is NO. All deadlines must be respected.
- Is it possible for me to get an extra CD for my co-author (or my school)?
Yes, at a nominal cost of (RM 10) per CD. Please let us know early so have enough copies made.
- For the conference proceedings, do I need to mail you hard copy?
You need not mail any hard copy. Only soft copies are needed to be e-mailed as per the instruction.
| PROGRAMME SCHEDULE
- I am leavings on a specific day, how do I make sure my paper is scheduled before I leave?
You need to send us an e-mail 2 weeks before conference informing your scheduling constraint. If you do not inform 2 weeks before conference, we will not be able to entertain your request.
- How much time will I have for the presentation?
We expect to provide about 15 minutes, including time for Q&A.
- Will the LCD and overhead transparency projector be available?
- Can I chair a session?
Please send us an e-mail requesting the same. We will try to see if we can accommodate your interest. Naturally, the students cannot chair sessions.
- When will the Programme schedule be ready?
We expect it to be ready about 5 days before the conference and post it on the web. Once the schedule is posted, it is almost impossible to make any changes.